Apple Coffee Cake
- 5 C tart apples, cored, peeled, chopped
- 1 C sugar or replace with 1/4 Tsp Stevia Concentrated Powder plus unsweetened applesauce
- 1 C dark raisins
- 1/2 C pecans, chopped
- 1/4 C vegetable oil
- 2 tsp vanilla
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2-1/2 C sifted all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 tsp baking soda
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350º F.
- Lightly oil a 13x9x2-inch pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine apples with sugar or Stevia powder and applesauce, raisins, and pecans; mix well. Let stand 30 minutes.
- Stir in oil, vanilla, and egg.
- Sift together flour, soda, and cinnamon;
- Stir into apple mixture about 1/3 at a time just enough to moisten dry ingredients.
- Turn batter into pan.
- Bake 35 to 40 minutes.
- Cool cake slightly before serving.
Yield: 20 servings
Serving Size: 3-1/2-inch x 2-1/2-inch piece
Total fat: 5 g
- Saturated fat: less than 1 g
- Cholesterol: 11 mg
Sodium: 68 mg
SOURCE: National Heart, Lung, and Blood Institute (part of the National Institutes of Health and the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services)